Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nothing more wonderful than a baby...

So I know I've had my struggles, but I wanted to try to put into words the amazing positive feelings I have about having a baby.

There really is nothing more wonderful than having your baby's tiny hand wrap itself around your finger. You feel loved, warm, secure, and so excited all at the same time.

The closest thing I could describe it as would be when you are 15 years old and you get so excited that the boy you like likes you back and takes you to the movies and you hold hands in the theater. The baby feeling is not romantic or fireworkey, but it feels exciting, calming, peaceful, secure, and loved all at the same time, kind of like how it felt to innocently hold the hand of the guy you like.

The warm, sweet feeling of a baby looking at you and clearly having eyes only for you--there's nothing like it. And that feeling of being loved and accepted by the cutest boy in school is almost the same feeling, but in a different way. I don't know if that makes me sound weird, but it's the closest way I can describe it.

It is the most wonderful feeling in the world to hold your baby, know that you made her with your body and that she loves you more than anything or anyone. You are all she knows. She loves being close to you and around you and you soak it up. At least, I do. When I'm not wishing she'd just take a nap already... But seriously, it's so amazing and I never knew how wonderful. I feel like all I ever heard was the negative, but it really is truly wonderful to have and hold a baby. It makes me sad that so many people are afraid of that opportunity. And makes me even sadder that people who have the opportunity end it because they don't think they can handle it. It truly is the most wonderful thing. I wish everyone could experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment