Friday, December 10, 2010

It's the Holiday Season

It's been a long time since I last posted and I can tell you why. I've been busy doing a lot of things on the Internet and I haven't had time to blog. What have I been doing you ask? Shopping! Yes, I got into a sort of addiction there for a bit. It all started with shoes (doesn't it always?) and ended with new pants, new tops, new leggings, new sweaters, and a pair of new boots. I learned some valuable lessons about ordering items online (shop at the stores that offer free return shipping!). Why did I do this? Well, since our move we no longer really live near any stores I can reasonably shop at, so I've been doing pretty much all my shopping online. Plus, I really relish my weekend time with Amelia and when I needed a few new things, I just figured it would be easier. Except that I bought a ton of stuff from about 5 or 6 different places, which may have been about as much of a pain as it would have been to shop in the first place... I had to return things in person--it was just a mess.

Anyway, Amelia is getting so big! She is 9 months old now and is crawling (still pretty much army style, but with the occasional hands and knees crawl) and standing on everything. She isn't super exploratory yet, which is great for mom and dad, but man she likes to put everything in her mouth! Still no teeth, but we are anxiously anticipating that they will arrive... someday... It's kind of become a joke now. We ask, "Is she teething? Is she teeting?" but nope, not yet.

I am also doing pretty well. We traveled to Santa Barbara for Thanksgiving, which was both nice and stressful. It can be pretty hard on me to travel right now. I may think about taking a long term medication to help manage my anxiety. The sleep thing is pretty much getting figured out. I've tapered down really well and I'm still taking the medication, but not much and I think I'm getting to sleep pretty well on my own these days! Exciting! Of course, that just shows me what kinds of anxiety is left to clear up and I do see that I have some anxiety that limits me from being able to enjoy my life, thus the discussion about meds.

On the up side, my brother is getting married in March and, even though I haven't met her, my future sister-in law seems very nice! And, I get to be in the wedding. That will make me a bridesmaid 3 times and I've still been a bride, so ha! Anyway, that's what's up with us. We got a holiday card made on Shutterfly and are sending it out. Although we only ordered 75 and I think we have something like 150 people on our list, so not everyone will be getting a card! Hopefully, they understand!

1 comment:

  1. It's ok if I don't get one! I remember what you guys look like and I've been keeping with your blog :]

    ReplyDelete