Thursday, December 24, 2009

Week 29: Traveling & My Baby Shower!

This week brought lots of adventure! We are taking two weeks off for Christmas and New Years to visit our families. My husband's family lives in Indiana and my family lives in Atlanta, GA. We were supposed to leave for Indiana on Friday, and we packed up everything, drove our car to the train station, got on the train and into the airport with only an hour to spare. When we got to the check-in counter, we couldn't find our reservation and found out we'd gone to the wrong airport! Everyone asks me how I could possibly have done that, and I don't know if I have a good answer. Can I just say pregnancy brain? We were supposed to leave out of SJC and return to SFO so I must have thought we were leaving out of SFO, too. And, I'd looked online at the SFO airport and checked our "plane"--a plane that left from the SFO airport at the exact same time to the exact same place, but didn't look at the flight number, which if I had would have been wrong. We paid the money to change our flight and had to leave the next day, Saturday. So we trekked all the way back home and did the same thing the next morning, this time actually making it to Indiana!

It's a good thing too, because if we'd had to wait a day later, I would have missed my baby shower, which was on Sunday. Originally, they were going to plan it for Saturday, so it's a very good thing they decided to do it on Sunday!

All my husband's family and a few of my close friends that still live in Indiana came out (I grew up in the same area as my husband, but my family has since moved). It was great to see everyone and I got some really great stuff! Mostly a lot of clothes and blankets and some money, which I think I might like best of all since I'm only starting to realize how much stuff I'm going to need for the baby. Since I registered at alternativegiftregistry.org and Babies R Us, I expected that I wouldn't get much off the registry (the first seems to confuse people and the second they don't have in this town), but I'd specifically requested a lot of handmade and second-hand items, which is what I got! It was quite a fun time and I felt like a princess being the center of attention. I'm so thankful for my friends and family who made it so special.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment