Monday, August 31, 2009

Scary Day, but the little guy is okay...

This weekend Aaron and I went to Yosemite (trying to do all the stuff we've been meaning to do before baby comes). I mistakenly thought it was going to be 77 degrees and it ended up being 99! Well, I didn't look at the temperature until later and we went on a hike. The whole time I was like, "Wow, I feel just incredibly tired." I knew it was hot, but I didn't know it was THAT hot!

So I went very slowly, drank tons of water, took lots of breaks, and generally tried not to exhert myself. We even did an easy hike that was mostly in the shade. I felt like a huge wuss!

Afterwards I was DEAD tired. Never felt anything like that during or after the hike. Every time I sat down it was actually physically difficult to get back up, much less move. I ate a ridiculous amount of food and slept a LONG time that night! Then the next day we hung around the area in 95 degree heat and walked around some little towns (I got to pan for gold!), but again, it was hot and I was DEAD tired after only 1 or 2 hours of being outside, mostly in the shade.

Today, I was worried that possibly all my activity and the heat could have a negative effect on the baby. So I called the office. She asked, "Have you had any spotting or cramping?" and I said no.

Then, later in the day, I started having spotting. Terrified, I called the Dr. again and she had me come in. I was really freaked out, but it ended up being okay. She checked the heart beat, which we heard and was fine, and my cervix and said everything seemed great, and that the blood could just have been from my cervix from the overexhertion or something else. She compared it to a nosebleed. Nothing serious, sometimes just irritation causes a little blood.

So that's a relief, but my goodness, what a day! I got so worked up. That little baby is already very loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment