Sunday, February 21, 2010

All the stuff I've made for baby

Ahhh... maternity leave. So nice to be off of work. On the plus side, I've had lots of time to get stuff done. I washed and hung all the baby clothes, organized the room, packed the hospital bag, and sewed and knitted and finished a LOT of stuff. Here's what I sewed, knitted and otherwise finished this week.

Sewed:
  • 3 fitted baby sheets for our co-sleeper - used this tutorial to help me.
  • 1 waterproof mattress cover using the same tutorial - out of some PUL fabric I was going to use to make diaper covers than decided I'd rather just borrow my friends'
  • 3 yummy bamboo velour changing pad covers
Finished
  • 3 baby hats
  • 2 baby sweaters
  • 1 pair baby mittens
  • 3 pairs baby booties
  • 3 knitted wool soakers
Other
  • Refinished/rebuilt a lampshade - I actually salvaged a crappy paper lampshade with no wires by adding my own wires and then covering it with fabric. Pretty amazing the work I put into avoiding buying something new (I couldn't find anything that worked anyway).
  • Created a closet organizer--the kind where you put a second rod below the main rod of your closet to create another level of hanging room. I made it by getting a rod at the hardware store, sawing it to the correct shape, drilling holes in the ends, then tying it to the upper rod. Cool, huh?
Other stuff I've made, but not this week:
  • Reusable milk leaking pad thingies (for your boobs)
  • Reusable baby wipes
  • 6 Bamboo Terry (yum!) Baby washcloths
  • 4 Bamboo Terry hooded towels
  • 2 baby ring slings (super easy to make, btw!)
  • Maternity top and coat
  • 3 changing pads
  • Baby blanket/playmat
  • Lots of knitted stuff
What I'm planning to make this week:
  • More reusable milk leaking pad thingies
  • Nursing bra
  • Diaper bag
  • (if I have time) nursing tops
Whew!

1 comment:

  1. Good job! I was proud of myself for making one blanket and one hat...not so impressive now that I see your list, haha.

    ReplyDelete