Friday, February 5, 2010

Week 35: The Beginning of the End?

Well, I must say this definitely feels like the beginning of the end for so many reasons.

I had a baby shower over the weekend and it was amazing! I had about 20 friends come. They all painted plain white baby onesies with fabric paint, markers, and iron-on appliques. Most of my friends are so creative! Even the ones that didn't think they were really were! I got so many amazing presents that are going to really help out a ton. Now we pretty much have everything ready for the baby, with the exception of a few bigger ticket items.

I have finally started thinking about buying things for the baby now. I found an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper on Craigslist for only $50, so we are supposed to pick that up over the weekend. Beyond that we have everything else--clothes, bouncer, carseat, stroller, wraps galore, a changing pad, and more. I've also started compiling a final list of things I need to buy and make and the list is significantly narrowing! I only have a few things left to make before baby gets here: sheets, reusable nursing pads, reusable wipes, and a few more small things. If I have time, I'll also make a diaper bag.

This weekend we are also taking our maternity pictures and I only have one more week of work left before I go on maternity leave, so it's really coming up fast! I'm starting to feel more aches and pains now--my back hurts more often and my hips are starting to hurt. I am trying to take walks and I've kept up my working out about 5-6 times a week, but I still get the pains!

I can't wait to go on leave. I really want to start washing things and getting ready for the baby to really, really be here. I don't want her to come too soon, but I also can't believe she has four or more weeks before she gets her (she's already enormous)!

No comments:

Post a Comment