Saturday, February 27, 2010

I Guess I'm Ready...

So, while I'm not in a big hurry to pop out the baby, I guess I'd say I'm finally ready to meet her. I think I'm finally ready to start taking care of her and all that. I'm already a bit sleep deprived so that doesn't worry me too much... I'm up 5 times a night to go to the bathroom and if the baby sleeps 2-3 hour stretches at once that has me up only 3 times in 8 hours, so, I should actually sleep more when she comes... I'm told that's not the case, but we'll see.

I'm still enjoying my freedom and while it's getting harder to get comfortable in just about every position, I'm hungry like no one's business! I have a VORACIOUS appetite. I can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat ungodly amounts of food. I will definitely miss the ability to eat like a teenager.

On the other hand, I will be so glad when I can move from laying on my one side to laying on the other without swinging a giant 7.5-8 pounds of baby and another 2 lbs of amniotic fluid from side to side, testing the limits of my ligaments every time I try to get comfortable in bed. And I will definitely not miss being able to go to the bathroom every 3 hours instead of every 45 minutes. Or, is that even how often normal people pee? I can't remember...

Either way, the end is getting tough, but not too terrible. I get tired so fast these days too, it's a bit of a challenge not to get everything done. On the other hand, I've never had such a great excuse to be so lazy and sit on the couch every day and I'm REALLY enjoying that. Just not so much enjoying that after a day of errands my feet and ankles and shins and knees hurt what feels like beyond repair.

I still love feeling baby, but I think now that she's so big I'll like it just as much or more to actually see her and touch her from the outside rather than through my big belly. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment